Inventor General Discussion

Active Contributor
VeronicaSmith5891
Message 1 of 7 (168 Views)

Browser shows everything but no model shows up on the workspace screen

168 Views, 6 Replies
07-20-2012 09:27 AM

It was working fine.  Then I just did a simple command (pattern a part) and the entire workspace blinked out.  The first time it happened I hit UNDO and it was back.  So I got out of the drawing and got back in and tried the pattern again. Same issue but this time when I hit UNDO it would not come back.  I closed the file without saving and when I went back in the file the workspace is still nothing but white screen.  In the browser everything is still visible except for those that I had already changed to invisible.  I tried making an invisible to visible and nothing happened.  I got out and tried opening the "old version" which should've been before any of this happened and it is also blank.  I can go to an ipt or iam in the browser and hit open and it will open in another screen just fine.  I just can't see my main assembly.  I have Inventor 2012.  It shows no errors or messages.  I have even rebooted.  

I looked thru the forum and found a past issue back in 2005 identical so I tried those suggestions.  I tried doing Find in Window on an item in the browser but for some reason that option is not even in the list when I right click.

Any suggestions before I scrap it and start over? 

I have attached the screen shot.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 7 (153 Views)

Re: Browser shows everything but no model shows up on the workspace screen

07-20-2012 10:36 AM in reply to: VeronicaSmith5891

Veronica,

Have you tried this on a different machine to see if you get the same results?

Can you post your files here?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 3 of 7 (152 Views)

07-20-2012 10:50 AM in reply to: VeronicaSmith5891

Hi VeronicaSmith5891,

Another thing to try is to expand the Repersentations folder in the browser and set the View and Level of Detail reps to Master. I recall having seen the graphics display get confused and toggling to the Master reps would reset the display, and then returning to the user reps worked fine.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 4 of 7 (149 Views)

07-20-2012 10:54 AM in reply to: VeronicaSmith5891

Hi VeronicaSmith5891,

I also just noticed that in your screen shot you have the Defer Updates button selected. You might toggle that off and see if that helps also.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Active Contributor
VeronicaSmith5891
Message 5 of 7 (141 Views)

07-20-2012 10:58 AM in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks for the quick response on this.  I tried your Representation suggestion.  Everything shows up when I click Master but when I go back to Default it's blank again.

I tried to toggle the Defer Update button but it won't toggle.  Clicking it does nothing.

Active Contributor
VeronicaSmith5891
Message 6 of 7 (139 Views)

07-20-2012 11:08 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Which file do I post?  This one?  I don't know if it will work without the referenced files.  But here it is.  Thanks!

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 7 of 7 (132 Views)

07-20-2012 11:18 AM in reply to: VeronicaSmith5891

Hi VeronicaSmith5891,

You might be able to just delete the Default rep and recreate it to resolve this.

If you go to the Tools tab > Application Options button > Assembly tab, you can uncheck the check box for Defer Updates there. This is the same as the button on the Manage tab. So in case the UI is having graphics issues and the button isn't working this might help?

Also  just as an FYI, when you attach an assembly file you'll need to attach the part files also, otherwise when we download the assembly file it is empty.

I hope this helps.
Curtis

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube