Inventor General Discussion

Contributor dgi
Contributor
dgi
Message 1 of 2 (125 Views)

Browser Slows, Stops Refreshing, Stops Responding

125 Views, 1 Replies
12-07-2005 07:24 PM
While working with part or assembly in Inventor 10, my Model browser pane, docked on the left of my screen, stops refreshing itself.The features/parts disappear, and the browser stops responding to mouse clicks.

Sometimes the display refreshes a minute later, but sometimes not. Sometimes I can drag the browser around and/or undock it in order for it to refresh and respond to mouse-over and mouse-click.

I have noticed that, similarly, the display of buttons on my toolbar is not updated properly to agree with the state of my current tool - for example, I am drawing construction lines in a sketch but the construction line button does not indicate this, and does not let me switch back to regular lines. I expect that these display/refresh problems are related.

I installed IV10 SP2 and updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version (8167), but it didn't help at all. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you for any suggestions.

AMD x2 64 4400 2.2 GHz
2 GB RAM
PNY Nvidia Quadro FX 540 PCIe
Dell 2405FPW LCD on DVI
Valued Contributor
darnold
Message 2 of 2 (79 Views)

Re: Browser Slows, Stops Refreshing, Stops Responding

11-14-2012 03:39 AM in reply to: dgi

I have had similar problems and suspect network problems. Are you using a network?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube