Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolts in Bolted connection "missing"

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
pball
1251 Views, 14 Replies

Bolts in Bolted connection "missing"

Myself and my coworkers have noticed that some times bolted connections will be missing a bolt. The bolt in question will appear again if you edit the bolted connection and hit ok and let it rebuild. But then another bolt in a different bolted connection will disappear. I just went back and forth between updating two sets of bolted connections and each time I updated one a bolt in the other disappeared. It's almost like there is a limit to how many bolts the assembly will show at once. The assemblies in question don't always have large numbers of bolts and other hardware though.

Has anyone else noticed this before?

I'm running Inventor 2013 SP2 running Nvidia Driver Release 276.42 [8.17.12.7642], which is the last recommended driver. I've also run newer/older drives with no difference.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
QBiX
in reply to: pball

Anyone has as solution to this problem?

I'm facing the same issue.

All bolts and washers, nuts, etc ... show up IN your bolted connection, but not in the assembly after closing the bolted connection edit window.

Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 15
shadoweagle2000

Necrobumping this because of how ridiculous it is that this is still an issue 4 years later.

Bolts still show up in Bolted Connections that do not appear in the actual assembly. This is a crappy and quite glaring bug that basically only has two solutions from the user's perspective:

1) Make a new bolted connection for every single bolt. (really?)

2) Manually place and constrain bolts, washers, and nuts for every single hole (even worse than #1)

Message 4 of 15

Could you please provide an assembly that shows this issue so we can get to the bottom of it?

Thanks,

Gerald

Gerald Hochenauer
Senior Principal Engineer, Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 15

@shadoweagle2000 can you provide a screenshot, screencast, or bolted connection assembly with all parts (pack & go)?

I have never seen or been able to reproduce this behavior. Without documenting what's happening it could go another four years being ridiculous so we need your help.

What version are you running?

Are the bolted connections standard or custom Content Center parts?

Does this behavior exist on the simplest of examples or only in complex situations?

Please provide more information as to what you are experiencing so we can determine a root cause, thanks!

Message 6 of 15
jortegaABW9H
in reply to: kelly.young

I'm having the same issue.

A1. 2018

A2. STANDARD

A3. SIMPLE

NO BOLTS.JPGNO BOLTS 2.JPG

Message 7 of 15

Hello,

I am not able to reproduce it  therefore I would like to ask you if you could share your dataset.  You can send it to me directly if you do not want to share dataset here.

Regards

Pavel Holecek
Autodesk QA team
Message 8 of 15

Dataset?

Message 9 of 15
jortegaABW9H
in reply to: jortegaABW9H

Pack and Go? Then Zip?

kelly.young has compressed your .rar as .zip for clarity.

Message 10 of 15
kelly.young
in reply to: jortegaABW9H

Hello @jortegaABW9H when it is intermittent performance or not easily reproducible having the specific dataset, which is all assemblies and parts, is helpful to determine how to improve the behavior.

Recording a screencast showing what you are experiencing and attaching a Pack & Go as a .zip is the best way to document for internal review.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 11 of 15
e4baerospace
in reply to: kelly.young

Thanks! I attached a .rar file with the pack and go. I'll look into screencast.

Message 12 of 15
chris.harbour

This is still an issue in IV2022, i can' remember a version where this doesn't happen. See my screen grabs.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 095630.jpgScreenshot 2022-05-19 095554.jpg

Message 13 of 15

Hi! I could be wrong but I thought it was related to how the pattern was defined. If possible, please share the files here. I can work with the project team to understand it better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 14 of 15

It is defined as 'By Hole' and the hole it picks up is a 'Hole' in the part, that hole is defined by a sketch with two ctr marks, so it creates two holes. The correct qtys of bolts, nuts etc are in the parts list.

I could work around and create two bolted connections.

The top level assembly is: 080_0000INV3D000000005.iam

Message 15 of 15
jan_priban1
in reply to: chris.harbour

Hi Chris,

we are sorry you are not able to create 2 bolted connections (BC) by one jump (even edit BC shows 2 BCs). So please, so far (on version you have = R 2022) create 2 separate BCs. In new R 2023 we made some BC improvements, I just revalidated using your dataset that one BC command can create 2 connections via "Follow Pattern" options - video showing that enclosed.

Regards

Jan Priban

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report