Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolted Connection holes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RogerTheShrubber
258 Views, 2 Replies

Bolted Connection holes

The issue has been addressed already but I will add a comment on my displeasure.

I have a plate with an existing 4 hole rectangular pattern.  The plate is to be bolted to 2 separate parts with a blind bolted connection.  The only tapped holes that are created are for the two on the part that is selected as the 'blind start plane'.  The tapped holes are not created in the other part.

I created an assembly of the two parts that need the threaded holes.  It did not solve the problem. 

I made a bolted connection for one of the holes and patterened it.  It did not create any of the tapped holes.

What a pain.  If you have any work around I would welcome it.

In my seven years working with Inventor, I have wasted more time with BC than I care to think about.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Please supply the assy and I will have a look at it. I have found the odd glitch with the BC's but not the 1 you describe.

This comment "I made a bolted connection for one of the holes and patterened it.  It did not create any of the tapped holes." is how Inventor is designed. While you can pattern the bolted connection at the assy level the holes it makes are at the part level and cannot be patterned with the assy pattern. But the part holes can be patterned at the part level.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 3
srionde
in reply to: RogerTheShrubber

if you are using the concentric tool, you always better to select a line on the hole and not the full hole.

I don't know why, but if you re selecting a full hole the other screws are not shown

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report