Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitmap

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
technical178
400 Views, 5 Replies

Bitmap

Hello, I am trying to convert an Autocad 2008 drawing into a good quality bitmap. I have tried the export command, printing as a pdf and converting it, also a dwf file. All produce very poor quality images. I thought of importing it into Inventor and going from there, but no difference. Is there anything else I can do please? Thanks. David.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sam_m
in reply to: technical178

does it have to be a bitmap?

for images out of AutoCAD I use "wmfout" to create a wmf file.  It's a vector format unlike a bitmap so can scale and preserve detail much better.  If you have something like CorelDraw you can then bring in the wmf and tweak the artwork easily (changing line-styles/thickness/colour/etc).

if it has to be a bitmap then how are you creating it?

print-screen (probably poor quality)

"bmpout" - think it depends on the screen zoom at the time of the command (not sure tho)

via print-command - PDFCreator allows the print to be saved as an image instead of just a pdf.  Might be worth trying this if bmpout isn't producing good enough quality.  It will all be down to pixel resolution (and thus file-size) of the exported image - make sure it's as large as you can manage...

either way - if you work is in AutoCAD and you're trying to get an image then I can't see that you'll get any better/easier result by importing it into Inventor.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 6
technical178
in reply to: sam_m

Thanks...I wanted a bitmap as I wanted to import it into a moviemaker file. I kind of decided now to do it in powerpoint so a pdf does the trick. Although I am now having trouble doing what I want to do with it with any quality!

Message 4 of 6
blair
in reply to: technical178

If you have Win7, you might try the "Snipping-Tool" tool. Not BMP, but Jpeg, PNG or HTML, one should work for your PowerPoint. You will get screen res.

Or try Snag-It

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

If you have Win7, you might try the "Snipping-Tool" tool. Not BMP, but Jpeg, PNG or HTML, one should work for your PowerPoint. You will get screen res.

Or try Snag-It

The snipping tool is excellent in Win7... Best feature in W7 IMO.. Simple but so usefull.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
technical178
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks...My IT person told me about the snipping tool yesterday...very good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report