Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to reuse an assembly

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WillyKaze
412 Views, 3 Replies

Best way to reuse an assembly

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to reuse a base assembly containning a frame, some other parts in other assemblies.

In other words, I have a main assembly which contains a frame, some floors, wheels and a few base parts.

I would like to start from this assembly and introduce some modifications such as adding members to my frame,

inserting new parts, drill holes, suppress functions, etc.

I need to keep dependencies between the derivated assembly and the base one.

How can I do that ?

I was searching around Level of detail and the Display section but it's seems that is not the best way to do that.

Cheers,

WK.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadmanto
in reply to: WillyKaze

Yeah, I would stay away from LOD's.  I would look into creating iAssemblies and see if that would work for you.

These would allow you to keep the linking as well as interchanging different parts in and out of your assembly.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 4
DeerSpotter
in reply to: WillyKaze

I typically create iparts for the parts i know will be modified, then i create detail views supressing/unsupressing features i need or want. 

the resoning: 

we always have concept revisions. So with the detail views you can go back and see the which revision was what and what without ever leaving the preliminary design stage. 🙂  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Message 4 of 4
WillyKaze
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi,

Thanks, that was exactly what I'm looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report