Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Way to Create a Data Table in Drafting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jchamley
279 Views, 4 Replies

Best Way to Create a Data Table in Drafting

One of our users is trying to create a table of data that is unrelated to any solids. He was told to do it in Inventor. He was struggling with lines and little bits of text. I tried inserting an object of an Excel file but cannot find out how to change the table and text size easily. What is the best way to create a table in Inventor?
HotH2O
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jchamley

Maybe I don't understand... but can't you just edit the Excel file and adjust the text
size and style?

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"jchamley" wrote in message news:f12507b.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> One of our users is trying to create a table of data that is unrelated to any solids. He
was told to do it in Inventor. He was struggling with lines and little bits of text. I
tried inserting an object of an Excel file but cannot find out how to change the table and
text size easily. What is the best way to create a table in Inventor?
Message 3 of 5
jchamley

I tried that but the box in the drawing does not change. I tried the "Update" in Excel, but the window in Inventor just refreshes and doesn't seem to change. Also, I cannot seem to grab corners of the windows, or find a place to set properties in Inventor.
HotH2O
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Did you use Paste Special as Microsoft excel Worksheet when you pasted it in? It should
work.

--
Kent
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"jchamley" wrote in message news:f12507b.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> I tried that but the box in the drawing does not change. I tried the "Update" in Excel,
but the window in Inventor just refreshes and doesn't seem to change. Also, I cannot seem
to grab corners of the windows, or find a place to set properties in Inventor.
Message 5 of 5
jchamley

Got it!
I was trying to grab the corners of the object but that doesn't work with the object selected. I have to click outside then move the cursor to the corner. Works well, but is there any way to change the color of the outline? It's yellow and quite hard to see.
HotH2O

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report