Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch updating part lists

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CNiemarkt
323 Views, 2 Replies

Batch updating part lists

Dear all,

I have posted the question below to Mcadforums but so far no responses. I hope somebody overhere can help me with this, because I think it is more related to Inventor then the used add-in.

http://www.mcadforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8018&start=60

I have a question regarding the partlist (style) update. All is going well, but it seems that I still have to manually "update" the partlist to get the extra added column visible in the partlist.
Please see video:
http://www.screencast.com/t/IoxKkWefDL

Perhaps a silly question but perhaps somebody knows how I can get the updated partlist in the drawing without manually interference? It seems that some things are updating automatically only the extra column and new widths of columns are not updating automatically.

Like I said I think this issue is related to Inventor since I have the same issue if I use the "Batch update Styles" add-in which is available in IV2013. The part list style is updating automatically but I still have to select the part list manually before the updates have (visible) effect.

Thanks,
Christian

Inventor 2013

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: CNiemarkt

I use that add-in and I also have to  reselect the parts list in order to see the changes (updates).  I know that it doesnt help, but it has always been that way with this add-in.

Hopefully when Rene sees this he will respond.  If you do find an answer, please post back here.

Message 3 of 3
CNiemarkt
in reply to: karthur1

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that this is how it works. I also understood from our reseller that this is not possible to do in Inventor.

If you start thinking about this it is strange that it is not possible to do this. It is possible to update all the styles automatically in the drawing, but it is still necessary to manually do the parts list update. Also if you look at the style editor there is not an message or something that the partlist (in the drawing) is not up to date anymore. Strange.

Regards,

Christian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report