Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ballooning in I assembly

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
albmopar
687 Views, 9 Replies

Ballooning in I assembly

I have several iterations of an assembly.  Specifically I have a base of a machine with different tooling for different products.  I generated the BOM by referencing the specific tooling I am trying to detail.  That worked.  But when I balloon, it references the main assemlby.  It won't let me redirect the source file to the tooling asm

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: albmopar

If you want to show the components the tooling assembly in your upper level assembly, what you need to do is in the tooling assembly go to the "Tools" tab

bom.JPG

and make sure tis assembly is set to "Reference"

What this will do is show the components of this assembly in every assembly it is inserted into and not show the sub-assembly number.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
albmopar
in reply to: Cadmanto

I got the refence thing down, but even though the BOM is tied to the sub assembly, the balloons are tied to the main assy.  So the only balloon I get is 19.

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

The parts list should be tierd to the main assembly showing the components of the subassembly allowing you to balloon the subcomponents.  If this is not happening that you need to check the ststus of the subcomponents to make sure they are not tagged "Reference" as well.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
albmopar

I don't get the option to balloon the subassembly when I select balloon.  The subassembly is set to Normal, not phantom.  Am I missing something?

Message 6 of 10
Cadmanto

If you go to where I instructed you in my original posting, the sub-assembly should be "Reference" and all of its components should be "Normal".

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 10
mcgyvr

Its phantom not reference..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 8 of 10
albmopar
in reply to: mcgyvr

The subassembly is the one I am trying to balloon.  The sub assembly is changeover fixturing on a peener.  I have the peener set to reference and the fixturing set to Normal.  As shown in the BOM, I can choose the fixturing to fill out the BOM, but only have the option to balloon the whole assemlby, which only shows item 19, the fixturing.

Message 9 of 10
Cadmanto

I mistyped before.  Mcgyvr is correct.  The sub-assembly should be phantom and its components should be normal.

If you do this, this sub-assembly should be able to be ballooned in the top level assembly.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 10 of 10
albmopar

AH-HA  Thanks too all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report