Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ballooning Wiring/Split Balloons

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ccomito
894 Views, 1 Reply

Ballooning Wiring/Split Balloons

(check out the attached .bmp for clarity)

I need to either add a custom balloon to a 3D wiring harness (made of individual wires) or add a split balloon (showing item number then sheet number) to my layout. What I have now is a 3D harness with all my connectors shown on it and a balloon calling out what connector it is. I want to attach a custom split balloon to my connector callouts to reference the wire and sheet number of another sheet in the same project. I should also mention that there are tons of connectors that as far as Inventor is concerned is the same model.

I've already created a user symbol to attemp to work around it but I can't attach the custom symbol to the existing balloon.

Secondly, why can't I attached a balloon to the 3D harness anyway. I also can't add a balloon to the nailboard view either! SOOOO Frustrating!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: ccomito

I'm new to the discussion group.  Has the issue of split balloons ever been re-solved?

I've just started working in Inventor 2012 (Inventor 8 was the last time I used it) and I see that I can over-ride the upper half, but I can't over-ride the lower half.

I want to be able to put the detail sheet number in the lower half on the assembly.

Is there a work-around for this?

Thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report