Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon Question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SteveFrey
305 Views, 4 Replies

Balloon Question

There is one particular part that re-occurs in many of my drawings that I can't balloon.  It doesn't highlight when I go to click on it when ballooning other items.  Why would this happen?

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
HP ZBook 17 G6
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz
Memory: 80 GB
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Wireless
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: SteveFrey

Check to see if the item is a part in a subassembly.

If so, make sure the subassembly is set to normal, otherwise you will not be able to select the individual part.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5

Hi SteveFrey,

In addtion to mpatchus' suggestions, if you edit the part in question and go to the Tools tab > Document Settings button > Bill of Materials tab  and check the BOM Structure setting, it might be set to Phantom. If so you'll want to set it to Normal.

The other thought would be that the part is revolved or has tangent lines that aren't selectable for some reason, if that sounds likely maybe post a screen grab to confirm. I forget the particulars, but I have seen parts that had geometry that made ballooning a challenge.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 5
SteveFrey
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks!  That worked!

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000
Message 5 of 5

Curtis:

It was set to "Phantom".  That fixed it. 

On a similar note, I have one part that is impossible to select to turn off the visibility.  It is rounded and I can't ever select it.  I have to turn off visibility on the part underneath it then turn it off and then go back to the first part and turn it back on.  What a pain.

Steve Frey
Inventor 2021
HP ZBook 17 G6
NVIDIA Quadro RTX5000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report