Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Lines in Render

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
DonnyMiller
892 Views, 9 Replies

Background Lines in Render

Hello ,

Im new to the forums site but I have a problem I cannot seem to fix. Im rendering a video using Autodesk Inventor 2012 and everything looks great untill the video is done, I end up with these lines in my background. They are horizontal and only in the background. Im not using any image or anything just the "stock" background.

Video rendered to Avi file type, using microsoft video 1 compression, 1024x768 resolution @ 15 fps.

Computer is a Lenovo w510, intel i7 pro quad core 8g ram.

I attached a 5 sec video of some simple blocks moving from front to back view in a zip file. Just to show the background lines. The above settings were used for the render.

Anyhelp would be great, thanks in advance ...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Is your graphics card display set to 32 bit color?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 10
rdyson
in reply to: DonnyMiller

Looks like you are using a gradient background.

Try changing to a solid color

PDSU 2016
Message 4 of 10

Yes I have the graphics card set to 32bit

Message 5 of 10
DonnyMiller
in reply to: rdyson

I will try and render a solid color background and see if the lines go away. If thats the problem would it be a graphics card issue or something then? The one we have is pretty good, ill have to check when im back at work on specifically which we have though. Its an nvidia something with 1g of on board dedicated. Or would it be a problem with autodesk itself and certain backgrounds?

Message 6 of 10
rdyson

Sorry, I have no idea how the gradient is gengerated.

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 10

I made two renderings in 2012of the Cylinder clamp from tutorials. One is a 10 second AVI with a solid background to an avi which produced a perfect animation at 6MB.  640x480 image. I used the Techsmith Codec. for rendering.

I then created a 5 second animation to a wmv which shows minor striations in the gradient background. Again, I used the techsmith Codec for compression See attached.

I'm currently running a third (gradient background) at 1024 x 768 with the Windows (crap) codec. It produces the same result you got. See the attached image of the third try. This was an  AVI.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 8 of 10

Here's the 4th run with No codec (No compression) which gives the best result at 1024x768. There is a slight hint of banding in the gradient background.

See below for file sizes and attached for image.

Cyl-ani000004.png

Message 9 of 10

Last Video at 1024x768, 30fps Full antiAlias, Gradient Background.

http://www.teknigroup.com/Videos/2012Q2/Vid5-no%20compression-full%20antialias/Vid5-no%20compression...

Message 10 of 10
DonnyMiller

Thank you for your time. I was able to fix my problem with all of this information. I was able to get rid of the lines when i changed to a solid color background. I will try a different codec with no compression and a gradiant background at higher fps to see if i can be succesful like your last post. Thank you much for your time and help it was everything I needed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report