Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Levels - Display parent & children in parts list

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ggoodey
1422 Views, 4 Replies

BOM Levels - Display parent & children in parts list

Hi

I have an assembly consisting of 4 sub-assemblies.  Item 4 is a mount plate c/w M16 fasteners.

I would like the fasteners to display as sub-parts under item 4 (24520020s) as 4.1, 4.2, etc because they are also purchasable separately.

I do not want to display the mount plate (03241389s) because it's not purchasable separately.

When I expand item 4 in the parts list it automatically turns visibility off for item 4 (24520020s), and only shows the children (0231....s).

I would like to display item 4 & the fasteners only.  Quite simple to turn off visibility of 03241389s, but cannot get the parent and child parts to display at the same time.

See attached PDF for clarification.

Thanks

Grant

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ggoodey
in reply to: ggoodey

Anyone?...

Message 3 of 5
cwhetten

What version of Inventor?

I've never seen it automatically turn off the parent and disallow turning it back on.  What BOM settings do you have?  (structured, first-level / all-levels, etc...)

Message 4 of 5
ggoodey
in reply to: cwhetten

Thanks for the reply

I'm running Inventor 2011 & the BOM is set to structure/all levels

I've never seen it behave otherwise...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Grant

Message 5 of 5
cwhetten

I have tried to reproduce the behavior you describe, but I can't.

Are you working with files that were originally created by a really old version of Inventor and have been migrated a bunch of times?  (I'm reaching here, as I have no idea why it is doing this to you).

I would attach the files I played with so that you could see for yourself what I see, but I my 2012 files will be useless to you.

Maybe you could attach some of your files so we can try to see what you are seeing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report