Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Lancasterm
1204 Views, 2 Replies

BOM Item Number - ILOGIC/VB.NET - Change

First if this topic has already been discussed I apologize for asking it again...

In our company if we put a component in 5 different assemblies, we want that component to have the same item number no matter where it is in the parts list.   In addition we group components to have a special item number...  Meaning hardware like washer, bolts, and etc. to start with 500 series number..  Piping components would be 800 series...

Is there a way to do this in ILOGIC/VB?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swordmaster
in reply to: Lancasterm

I have a similar requirement which i discussed with autodesk some time ago.

It is not possible to manipulate the item number object via ilogic or the API unfortunately.

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 3
Lancasterm
in reply to: swordmaster

Thanks...   I figured that was the answer because I couldn't find anything in my search for this type of code..   I kind of have a semi-automatic method where my iLogic problem does a BOM export into an excel spreadsheet, locates all duplicate parts and assigns the correct item number.   From there I paste/copy the item number cell from the spreadsheet into the BOM view/dialog box in Inventor.  Clunky but it works.. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report