Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk plans for Content Center?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Winks87
325 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk plans for Content Center?

Just a general Content Center question: does Autodesk plan to update (add more parts to) the library at any time in the near future?  We really could use some pvc pipe and fittings.  Also, fix the MC/C library shapes (they are all MC profiles, not any C's).  I'm sure there are a number of additions to be made, but it seams that nothing new has been added for a few releases that I am aware of.  Any updates planned?

James Winkler
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Winks87

I can't speak for Autodesk, but my impression is that the focus is shifting to

http://grabcad.com/library  crowd sourcing or vendor sourcing for stuff like this.

You might also post to the idea station.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Since Fusion360 has gone to using out-sourced parts, I would think that CC in Inventor will at some point move that direction. Nothing has been done to the CC library for the last number of releases, if that's any indication.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Winks87

In the basic out of the box ANSI library there are a lot of PVC fittings and pipe.  Multiple schedules and sizes.  For specific brands such as Spears, I would suggest checking GRABCAD, or creating custom libraries from iparts.  i doubt ADESK will be putting a lot of time or money into adding libraries with so many available on the internet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report