Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Material Library is not available

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jason.wells
3966 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk Material Library is not available

We have recently upgraded from Inventor 2011 Routed Systems to Inventor Pro 2012.  We are using XP fully updated to the lastest SP and everything.  We have everything configured to our preferences but there is one thing that has been driving me batty.  When editing a solid part I open the Style and Standard Editor.  Down near the bottom under Realistic Appearance where there should be a ball with a shiney swatch there is a yellow triangle mocking me saying Autodesk Material Library is not available, also none of the bump maps are showing up on new or migrated files whether this is a related issue I am not sure of.  All of the normal and custom textures show up just fine, and all the bump textures are in their correct folder in the correct place.  I have tried switching the design data folder around with no success.  Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sam_m
in reply to: jason.wells

could you with Inventor 2011?

only ask because I thought you needed DirectX 10 for some of the enhanced visualization features - XP only goes up to DirectX 9 so will never support some of the eye-candy.  (Will need Vista or Win7 for DX10 plus a DX10 or above graphics card).  Confused if these things worked in Inventor 2011 and now not in 2012, unless the DirectX 10 requirement has extended further with Iv2012.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 8
jason.wells
in reply to: sam_m

Yes, they absolutely worked with 2011.  In fact I still have 2011 installed and have went back to check the settings to see where the problem might be.

Message 4 of 8
SBix26

I'm also on XP, and the realistic box shows the "shiny ball" sample in 2012, without any messages.  I don't know what to suggest, but something is wrong with your installation or setup.

Message 5 of 8
jason.wells
in reply to: SBix26

Figured it out, in the options under hardware switch from compatibilty to performance and the realistic and bump maps reappear, wierd, oh well it's fixed

Message 6 of 8
tycospard

@jason.wells wrote:

Figured it out, in the options under hardware switch from compatibilty to performance and the realistic and bump maps reappear, wierd, oh well it's fixed

I am having this same issue ... as a NEWBIE to the system, where do I find the Hardware Options for Editing?
Message 7 of 8
SBix26
in reply to: tycospard

Application Options > Hardware tab

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 8 of 8
tycospard
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report