Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor professional 2014

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
sred6200
3541 Views, 23 Replies

Autodesk Inventor professional 2014

Why does this software run terribly on my laptop. I have a high end MSI gaming laptop that should be able to handle this software easily, but it runs terribly. My laptop runs games perfectly with no error, and everything else works fine. Why does Inventor professional 2014 run so badly? I'm only using the monthly autodesk 360 trial and I need this software to work to get schoolwork done. Any suggestions?

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
dgorsman
in reply to: LT.Rusty

I was referring to the 2.4 GHz clock, not how old the processor is.  Something faster *would* be better given the single-threaded processes involved.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 22 of 24
LT.Rusty
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

I was referring to the 2.4 GHz clock, not how old the processor is.  Something faster *would* be better given the single-threaded processes involved.

3.4 gHz turbo.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 23 of 24
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: sred6200

"I want to use the nvidia graphics card: including for Inventor 2014 and Battlefield 3"

I would also recommend that you create a new log in just for CAD and your games may also benefit from a Game only log in. This is a Windows thing really, user profiles can become bloated and slow down any computer no matter how fast. New profiles will often resolve this issue.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 24 of 24
wladi091_
in reply to: sred6200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report