Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011 Problem

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rory.sheldon06
929 Views, 13 Replies

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011 Problem

So i recently installed the 2011 version of Autodesk Inventor Professional(Student version) and everytime i open it i get this. 

problem.png

Do you see the large gap at the top? And it also doesn't let me start new projects and what not. The same thing happened with the 2012 version. 

Anybody know how to fix this? 

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
cwhetten
in reply to: rory.sheldon06

It looks like a graphics issue.  List your computer hardware specs, especially graphics card model and driver version.

Message 3 of 14
rory.sheldon06
in reply to: cwhetten

Heres my specs:

Amd Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20

4.00GB

64Bit Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Message 4 of 14
cwhetten

As a start, go to Tools > Application Options > Hardware tab > set it to use software graphics.  If the problem goes away, then it is definitely something to do with your graphics.

Maybe also try disabling Aero in windows 7, just to see if that helps.

Message 5 of 14
rory.sheldon06

Am I doing the tools bit in autodesk? As clicking on the drop down button does nothing. Also I am running two 19" inch monitors from my card, could that be the problem?

Message 6 of 14
JDMather

Looks similar

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-2011-UI-Graphics-bug/td-p/3367003

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 14
rory.sheldon06
in reply to: JDMather

Nope, I can't physically find the button to do that. I can click randomly on the blank space and get boxes to open, but i can't see what im clicking till the box opens. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

Have you tried switching to the Classic UI?

Message 9 of 14
cwhetten

To access application options through the keyboard, press Alt, then T, then L.

I can't remember how to switch to classic UI.  I gave in to the ribbon fairly early.  Maybe someone else will tell you how to change it to classic UI when you can't access any of the toolbars.

Message 10 of 14
rory.sheldon06
in reply to: Anonymous

If I need to click on somewhere on the UI to get to an option to change the UI it will not work. As i cannot see where I am clicking or what I am clicking.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

You can change it through the registry. Close Inventor, then go to Start > Run, Type "regedit" and click 'Run'.

Locate the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\System\Preferences\UIStyle" then change the value "InterfaceStyle" from 0 to 1 then close the registry editor and restart Inventor.

If it doesn't work then repeat the steps above to change the value back to 0.

Cheers

Message 12 of 14
rory.sheldon06

I successfully got into that window, and changed the graphics to software. But the problem is still the same.

Message 13 of 14
rory.sheldon06
in reply to: Anonymous

Right changing the UI style has fixed the problem thank you all so much for your time and help. 

-Rory.

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Glad to hear it worked for you.

Just keep an eye on it, when I change the UI it seems to fix the buttons etc, but graphical elements like the View Cube are still wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report