Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2013 and Windows 8.1 Desktop Preview

89 REPLIES 89
SOLVED
Message 1 of 90
Cool_Breeze_Jr
37801 Views, 89 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2013 and Windows 8.1 Desktop Preview

Ok I installed 8.1 and I get an error when trying to open AI Pro '13. I have tried all service packs and still no luck. Rolling back to 8. It seems I have to reinstall 8 OS all together. Asking for media content when I try recovery. Word of advice, wait until Autodesk says it's ok to install 8.1 for all compatibility.

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Autodesk Product Design Suite 2014
89 REPLIES 89
Message 81 of 90
mcolinp
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

You can google: "Autodesk 2016 Product Keys"

Autodesk publishes a page that shows all the product keys of every product. If you use the correct product key (5-digits), your serial should work fine.

There is one possible caveat that I have run into in the past; I purchased a suite that had several software titles that were "Mac" compatible. When I tried to install them; it would not allow me to use the "Suite" product key. I had to use each individual product key; and had to open a support case to have them manually activated.

-This obviously is not the case with your situation (you are installing to Windows not Mac . . .)

Message 82 of 90
woodsman09
in reply to: mcolinp

I have opened a case, It wouldnt be an issue if inventor 2016 would install for me but i think because i have uninstalled it it is causing an issue. I get a round circle with a slash through it next to the inventor 2016 part of the install screen, it says inventor is already installed. There is no way of repairing or overiding this. I am going to switch to a different forum for 2016 inventor, thanks for all the help in this one.

Message 83 of 90
DannyHubbard
in reply to: woodsman09

You should be able to use the Microsoft Fix It utility to uninstall Inventor 2016.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 84 of 90

Has there been a confirmed solution for inventor 2013 to work on windows 10?

Message 85 of 90
blair
in reply to: jwest2085NFR

All you can do is install the software and then before running the software, install all the SP's, Updates and Hotfixes for your product. Since the patches in the SP's and Updates allow Inventor to run on WIn 8.1 it should run on Win10

I would also RMB on the Inventor Icon and in the properties set it to "Run as Administrator".

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 86 of 90
mcolinp
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

YES: Read the Thread . . .

_____Matthew C. Perkins_____
nSPIRE design solutions
_______(503) 913-0007_______
matthew@nspiredesignsolutions.com
Message 87 of 90
jwest2085NFR
in reply to: blair

If ive been using 2013, do i need to uninstall, reinstall, install updates then initialize?

Message 88 of 90
blair
in reply to: jwest2085NFR

No, just make sure that you are current on all SP's and Updates. The link to the site is at the bottom of this web-page.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 89 of 90
Anonymous
in reply to: DannyHubbard

this worked perfectly, thanks

Message 90 of 90
Anonymous
in reply to: woodsman09

this worked perfectly, thanks you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report