Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Inventor 2013 and Windows 8.1 Desktop Preview

89 REPLIES 89
SOLVED
Message 1 of 90
Cool_Breeze_Jr
37703 Views, 89 Replies

Autodesk Inventor 2013 and Windows 8.1 Desktop Preview

Ok I installed 8.1 and I get an error when trying to open AI Pro '13. I have tried all service packs and still no luck. Rolling back to 8. It seems I have to reinstall 8 OS all together. Asking for media content when I try recovery. Word of advice, wait until Autodesk says it's ok to install 8.1 for all compatibility.

Chris Biggs
Engineer/CADD Services
New Horizons RV Corp.
2401 Lacey Drive
Junction City, KS 66441

Dell XPS 8300
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
16GB RAM
Win 8.1 Pro
Autodesk Product Design Suite 2014
89 REPLIES 89
Message 41 of 90
blair
in reply to: mcolinp

I don't ever recall Fusion being sold, it was packaged as a free-bee. Simply dual-boot your machine for Win7 and continue using the software.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 42 of 90
mcolinp
in reply to: blair

I'll have to look at it again; I guess I had assumed it went into subscription only mode immediately after Beta. Thanks for the feedback.
Message 43 of 90
jon.renner
in reply to: mcolinp

I've been unable to find the fix for w8.1 & Inventor 2013 ... though it looks like one exists.  Help!

Message 44 of 90
ChrisMitchell01

Jon,

All updates for running Inventor 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 on win8.1 have been released on the Inventor updates page:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9242019&id=2334435&siteID=123112#section24

This is the update for 2013 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22436649&linkID=9242019

Please taks not of the manula instructions referenced from there; see - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22446139&linkID=9242018

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 45 of 90
jon.renner

After installing SP2, the new w8.1 patch worked perfectly.  Thanks!

Message 46 of 90
carl.chaumont

Hi Chris,

The link that you posted "This is the update for 2013 - http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22436649&linkID=9242019" returns the error on autodesk "Page not found".

Could you please send a new link.

Thank you,

Message 47 of 90

Please see the Data/Downloads pages for your specific release & install the very latest updates.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9242019&id=2334435&siteID=123112

That previous link was expired when the latest cumulative update was released this week.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 48 of 90
csd2757
in reply to: Cool_Breeze_Jr

I am looking for the windows 8.1 patch to make the softwear i downloaded work. 

Message 49 of 90

See the previous reply - they are already available for download from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9242019&id=2334435&siteID=123112

For 2013 you need to install SP2 & then update4.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 50 of 90
csd2757
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

sorry, I must have miss typed, I downloaded 2014.

Sent from Windows Mail
Message 51 of 90

For 2014 you need SP1

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 52 of 90

Hi,

I downloaded and installed AutoCAD 2013 64bit on my Win 8.1 PC!

The Installation installed Autodesk Inventor Fusion 2013 also. This program crashes upon start.
Now I tried to download the mentioned patches, but I cannot find Inventor Fusion 2013 in your download list.

The list shows Autodesk® Inventor® 2013 and Autodesk® Inventor® Professional 2013, but I have Inventor Fusion 2013!!!!

Inventor Service Patch 1.1 or 2 are not working. The patches cannot find the program to be upgraded!! So, where are the mentioned patches, to make Inventor Fusion running on my Win 8.1 PC!!

MS compatibility center is listing the Inventor 2013 as Win 8.1 compatible, and my school is using AutoCAD 2013. It is a pity, that it is that complicated to get up and running for my studies.

Regards

Gregor

Message 53 of 90
blair
in reply to: set-zeklgre

Unless there are specific patches for Fusion that have been released after Win8 and Win8.1 you will be waiting for ADSK to release them. This is the problem with running software that was designed prior to newer operating systems. Fusion was one of those funny products from ADSK that was shipped with other products and not sold on it's own With Fusion360 replacing it, straight Fusion is left out in the cold. If you really need it, you could dual-boot your machine with Win7 or find some old Win7 machine to run Fusion.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 54 of 90

There are no plans to provide support for Fusion 2013 for win8.1. it just doesn't work !

If you really need to use Fusion 2013 then you'll have to use a different OS. If you must stick with win8.1 then the current option is to use Fusion360, or depending on what exactly you are trying to do with Fusion 2013, then Inventor may also be an option.

Thanks/Sorry,.

Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 55 of 90

Hi,

thanks chris and blair for you fast response!!

Just as an info: here is the MS link where the program is listed as compatible: MS comp. center

You should talk to MS seriously!!

Last question: is the Win 8.1 compatible inventor also available as s student lizense and is it called Inventor only (just to find the right one!!)?

Thenks a. regards

G.

Message 56 of 90
blair
in reply to: set-zeklgre

Try clicking on the Icon and selecting the "Run as Administrator" option.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 57 of 90

Hi,

I did that first, but was not working!

THX & regards

Message 58 of 90

I am running win8.1, ran into program compatibility issues, unistalled inventor 2013 x 64 then reinstalled. Installed every applicable patch and a few hotfixes. Inventor fusion, program opens but I dont have a login/password so i think it is working. DWG viewer is working. Inventor Professional, tries to open but then shuts down.

If Fusion "doesnot work" then why would it work on my computer? Besides the obvious OS compatibility and the I told you so RE:dont install unless recommended, then Why does inventor still crash for my application?

I have worked off & on trying to get this working since 8.1 released and inventor started crashing and am trying to give feedback and hopefully get inventor working again.

On a side note, I do not have microsoft visual C++ installed on my computer.

Sincerely, Rick

Message 59 of 90

Rick,

For Inventor 2013 you need to install the latest SP & updates for 2013. All Inventor fixes have been released. Please see the relevent support page for your version from:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#rows=10&sort=score&ADSKProductLine...

For 2013 you should install Update4 for SP2 - http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-4-fo...

Fusion 2013 Desktop won't work properly on win8.1; it likely won't even start. If you're getting to a logon screen then it could be that you're running Fusion360.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 60 of 90

Chris,

Thanks for replying so quickly, you were right about fusion I mistakingly thought Vault Basic was fusion as it is working. I have installed the following updates,

SP 1.1    x 64

SP 2       x 64

Updates: 2, 3, and 4(cumaltive)

and hotfixes;

Entitlement: DL18753611

Unexpected Exit: DL19236676

Inventor Add in: DL19384851

I have read all the technical seervice bullitens, disabled antivirus program, restarted the computer, unistalled Fusion 2013.

I have not tried to rename registry keys and was wondering if that should be my next step as Inventor 2013 is still trying to open but then exits before it can load. I dont think there are any other zip files that are applicable as I have looked through the lists many times.

Thanks for all your help,

Sincerely, Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report