Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Autocad block in an inventor .dwg and Vault

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jacob.gondek
416 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad block in an inventor .dwg and Vault

I am using the autodesk suit 2011. The problem I am having is when I copied a block from autocad using the copy command, then used the paste command in an inventor .dwg and it inserted as an autoCAD block. When I check the finished drawing into vault the autocad block does not show up and will not print.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

In what method are you placing the AutoCAD geometry, as a Sketch, Draft View, Sketch Symbol? Then from there, where is the dwg data not displaying when you print in Inventor, or from Vault?

I made a test file were in create a  Sketch, Draft View, Sketch Symbol in an idw and placed the AutoCAD geometry data in it and the data was visible in Inventor and Inventor View from Vault Explorer after check in.

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineerā€“ CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

I am not sure about the 3 views you mentioned. I would guess it is probably draft view, I was not in sketch mode. The autocad block would not show up in vaults view or print. It worked fine in inventor. The work around I did was to open the .dwg with autocad and check it back into vault. The view in vault worked fine when it was checked in that way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report