Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD block into IDW title block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
hjvcan
1254 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD block into IDW title block

Hi  Everyone

I've got a bit of experience with Inventor and AutoCAD but title blocks are something I've never had to play with...

I'm trying to replace the bmp logo image we use in our title blocks with a version of our logo that isn't an external reference.

The attached idw shows what I'm working with and the dxf file shows the logo I want in my title block.

(the dxf file was generated with GSView & PStoEdit and it required a little tweaking to hatch properly)

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: hjvcan

Hi

Ist prize is to get the BMP or JPG of the logo, you can then insert the logo into the Inventor title block. I prefer to embed the images, as Linking gets messy when I export my files to DWG.

My limited knowledge of AutoCAD.

Exported the Block as BMP image.

Manipulated the file in a graphics editor, (Remove the background etc)

Inserted the file into the Inventor Title Block.

The other option is to copy and paste the block from AutoCAD into Inventor, you will have to constrain all endpoints before you can Fill the text regions.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: rhasell

If you cant get one, then pull the image off your web page, convert it to BMP for Inventor <2013 and JPG for Inventor 2013.

Reg
Message 4 of 5
hjvcan
in reply to: rhasell

Hi, thanks for the replies but we currently have a bmp as our image, this works fine nwithin inventor but we doa lot of exporting to dwg/dxf and having to worry about the image file in that scenario is the driving reason for trying to  get away from using a rastered image.

constraining all the endpoints is looking like a real possibility now.

Message 5 of 5
rhasell
in reply to: hjvcan

Not sure that I understand?

One thing, if you are exporting to DWG, the imbedd the image into the Inventor titleblock. Otherwise every time you export the file it gets sent as a seperate xref.

So to fix your problem.

Delete the current image from the title block.

Insert a new one, BUT BEFORE you click "OK", clear the checkbox "LINK"

Resize and save.

Done, no more issues with the export.

imbed image.JPG

Reg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report