Inventor General Discussion

MTorun
Message 1 of 7 (252 Views)
Accepted Solution

Assemply problem? Drafting Improvement?

252 Views, 6 Replies
10-16-2013 04:34 AM

Hi all,

I attached the vaporizer trial.. For the assembly, I can mate the legs and intlet to the fins but I want to make them fixed in correct alignment like one body involving all the components. I could not achieve by using joint-rigid. Could you please help me about that?

I would be appreciated if you give me some tips and recommendations as well about Inventor.

Thanks in advance

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 2 of 7 (231 Views)

Re: Assemply problem? Drafting Improvement?

10-16-2013 05:12 AM in reply to: MTorun

Welcome to the group.  As a matter of good practice, please post the version of Inventor that you are using, as well as any relevant system specs.  This will help the right people look at your questions.

As far as part 2 of your question, have you looked at the tutorials in the new Inventor Help?  Just click the Question Mark in the upper right hand of your Inventor screen.  Brand new help site, and it has a lot of tutorials you can play with to learn your way around the software.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 3 of 7 (227 Views)

10-16-2013 05:16 AM in reply to: MTorun

need more information...

One must remember that we all design different products and do not typically have detailed knowledge about different products and their exact placement of one to another..

I don't know exactly how those legs are supposed to be positioned..

They do slide up/down parallel to the fins.. An offset constraint will fix them into position with regards to distance from the end of the fins..

Why joints vs constraints?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

MTorun
Message 4 of 7 (219 Views)

10-16-2013 05:29 AM in reply to: cbenner

I am using Inventor Professional 2014 Student Edition. 

I prefer audio/video learning materials to draft simultaneously and quickly. Any advice for that?

Thank you, Chris 

MTorun
Message 5 of 7 (212 Views)

10-16-2013 05:48 AM in reply to: mcgyvr
I want to make all components connected rigidly to the fins. For the legs and brackets, I want to fix with offset constraint as you said, Can you explain offset constraint briefly?
Inlets should also be fixed and aligned as their point of use must be in x-axis direction.
Why shouldn't I use joints vs constraints? Can you clarify the difference for me?
Thanks in advance
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 6 of 7 (192 Views)

10-16-2013 07:02 AM in reply to: MTorun

all the information is here http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/

an offset constraint is self-explanitory. this is offset from that by a distance

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 7 of 7 (174 Views)

10-16-2013 08:44 AM in reply to: MTorun

MTorun wrote:

I am using Inventor Professional 2014 Student Edition. 

I prefer audio/video learning materials to draft simultaneously and quickly. Any advice for that?

Thank you, Chris 

Youtube.  Just do a search for Autodesk Inventor 2014 or leave the year off for more generid videos.  There is a lot of learning material out there.  Some very good videos.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube