Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly name in Part List title

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
634 Views, 7 Replies

Assembly name in Part List title

Hello,

Does anybody know if it is possible to get the assembly name in the title of a partlist.

And then I mean automatically. I know I can type it there 🙂

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jtylerbc
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think there is any way to do that using normal means, but I think I remember seeing an iLogic rule or VBA macro that could do it.  I would suggest searching the Inventor Customization forum to see if you can find something like that.

Message 3 of 8
Paul-Mason
in reply to: jtylerbc

If you mean the assembly name in the title/header of the parts list where the default is "Parts List" then you can simply edit the parts list by using the edit parts list -then parts list table layout and type the assembly name into there.

If you mean as a column in that actual parts list then there is a way

1) Open the subassembly IAM file

a) In the browse pain RMB and select iproperty

b) Click the Customs Tab

c) Type in the new custom iproperty name like "Assembly Name"

d) In the same tab at the bottom add the assembly name and click Modify

You will need to follow these steps for every assembly or subassembly in the final IDW Parts list

2) In the IDW that contains the parts list you wish to customize

a) Either hover over the parts list click LM once when the green dot appear then select Edit Parts List

b) In the Edit Parts List select Column Chooser (left hand most icon)

c) With All Properties showing in the top drop down list click on New Property, this open another sub-section/menu

d) Click where it indicted that opens and enter the NEW property like "Assembly Name" the OK

e) The new property will automatically be placed in the Selected Properties side of the Parts List Column Chooser

f)  Kick OK in the Parts List Column Chooser

g) Finally Click Apply

You'll most probably have to do some dragging around of the parts list ands the column widths after all this

Again you will need to follow these steps for every assembly or subassembly in the final IDW Parts list

==============
Inventor 2023 Pro
HP Z420 workstation
Xeon 3.7Ghz CPU 8 Cores, 64 GB Ram
64bit (The Garbage known as) Windows 10 Pro
AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Message 4 of 8
rblocherTAYXC
in reply to: Paul-Mason

This should be automatic. Not a key in. 

Message 5 of 8
RyanCameron
in reply to: Anonymous

If it's not possible, this might be a great fit for the Ideas forum for Inventor...  ?

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Message 6 of 8
jtylerbc
in reply to: RyanCameron

@RyanCameron wrote:

If it's not possible, this might be a great fit for the Ideas forum for Inventor...  ?

Pretty sure I've seen it on there before, actually.  I'd suggest doing some searching and vote for the existing idea if you can find one on there.  If you can't find it, post your own.

Message 7 of 8
RyanCameron
in reply to: jtylerbc

Yeah, I just didn't want to be the type of person that steals an idea and reposts it. I'll take a look this week in case some one posted it or not.

RB Cameron, AIA, LEED AP, EDAC
Digital Practice Leader

Message 8 of 8
QUI_JohnG
in reply to: rblocherTAYXC

Agreed - it should update when using copy design to rename entire assemblies, the titles should link to the BOM's they're representing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report