Inventor General Discussion

j.mulder
Message 1 of 3 (126 Views)

Assembly drawing

126 Views, 2 Replies
06-06-2013 07:57 PM

Hi all,

I made an assembly with a lot of different parts. I would like detailed drawings of this assembly and of all the parts that compose it, with all the dimensions, so I can send it to a workshop.

Is there a simple way of doing this? Or do I have to make a .dwg for all the seperate parts and assembly? Is there maybe a tutorial availble on how to do this the best way?

*Expert Elite*
blair
Message 2 of 3 (121 Views)

Re: Assembly drawing

06-06-2013 08:15 PM in reply to: j.mulder

We do IDW (Inventor Drawings) for all parts (IPT's) and IDW's for all assemblies (IAM). Some people may combine all the drawings into a multi-paged IDW file. We tend to do separate IDW files for each part and assembly.

http://cadsetterout.com/inventor-tutorials/101-autodesk-inventor-productivity-tips/#Drawings

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

IV2015 up1 PDSU / Sim Mech 2015 /
Win7-64
EVGA X79 - Classified, iCore7 3930k 32Gb Quad-Channel
950Gb (2 x 500Gb Sata III SSD RAID0 Adaptec 6805E Controller)
Nvidia GTX-690 Classified - 335.23
SpacePilot Pro 3.17.7, 6.17., 4.11
*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)

Re: Assembly drawing

06-07-2013 12:12 AM in reply to: blair

Thanks for the link Blair :smileywink:

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube