Inventor General Discussion

vaughangilliam
Message 1 of 6 (374 Views)
Accepted Solution

Assembly drawing view issue

374 Views, 5 Replies
11-01-2012 02:39 AM

Hi all,

I am having an issue with an assembly view (Picture attached).  When I do my base view, inventor is showing one part in the assembly as hidden lines and it cuts the end off it (the stairs).  Even with hidden lines removed it shows all lines for the stairs as hidden.  I can sort that out by amending the line style and hidden line calculation in the model state settings but the view still cuts the end off the stairs.  I have done a drawing of the stairs alone and the view is as you would expect, not all in hidden lines and the full view is there.

Has anyone come across this before or have any pointers on how I might sort this?

Thanks in advance

*Expert Elite*
PaulMunford
Message 2 of 6 (350 Views)

Re: Assembly drawing view issue

11-01-2012 05:56 AM in reply to: vaughangilliam

Do you have the BOM property of the stairs set as reference?

The CAD Setter Out Blog @CadSetterOut

Inventor Surfacing | AutoCAD | CAD Standards

Please use the Mark Solutions! Accept as Solution or Give Kudos! Kudos functions - Thank you!
vaughangilliam
Message 3 of 6 (330 Views)

11-01-2012 08:55 AM in reply to: PaulMunford

Hi there,

The BOM structure is currently set to 'Default (Reference)'.  In iProperties the only options in the Occurence tab are 'Default (Reference)' or 'Reference'.  Is there any way to add a new BOM structure?

The file for the stairs was downloaded from Grabcad as an inventor ipt.

Many thanks

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 4 of 6 (315 Views)

11-01-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: vaughangilliam

Open the assembly. Right click on the stairs in the model browser, choose "BOM Structure" and pick "Normal".

When you do that the stairs will now show in the parts list and be included in the mass calculations for the iam.

One way to access all the BOM structures is to open the part.  Then go to Tools>Document Settings, Bill of Materials tab.  Change the Default BOM structure there.

vaughangilliam
Message 5 of 6 (279 Views)

11-02-2012 01:56 AM in reply to: karthur1

Good morning.

Please see picture attached.  There is no option other than reference.  It is either 'Default (Reference' or 'Reference'.  In the iProperties under occurence it is the same.  Is there a way of adding a new BOM structure?

Many thanks

vaughangilliam
Message 6 of 6 (278 Views)

11-02-2012 01:58 AM in reply to: vaughangilliam

Sorry, I missed the last part of your message.  Doing it via document settings has worked thank you.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube