Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly capability

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2210 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly capability

I have been working with Inventor LT and noticed that when I open the "New" tab, I do not have the Assembly template available. I still get the part, dwg drawing and idw drawing templates. Before I get to the problem of figuring out if my templates are wrong I want to know if the version of Inventor i am running have the capability to create assemblies. If it does, what could be going wrong?

Thank you in advance

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

nope it doesn't thats why its called LT

you need to buy full blown inventor to do assemblies

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
JDMather

no assembly environment in LT, but I understand it does support multi-body solids.  If you don't need kinematics might not need assembly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You can model in .ipt a false assembly using solid body. Each of your parts have to be a new solid body. You can't study and verify kinematicsin this way, but if you use your part in an inventor full, you can convert it in an assembly.

Message 5 of 5
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: JDMather

yes, Assembly does not support by Inventor LT, please try new an assembly in Inventor professinal version.

Xun

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report