Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly and subassembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JL82
374 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly and subassembly

Hi,

I have the assembly A and it includes the subassembly B and the part  C. Could I be moving the Part C to the subassembly B? I fond the Demote function but it creates a new assembly, I cannot choose the subassembly B.

-Juha

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PaulMunford
in reply to: JL82

Just drag the part up and down the tree to move it from assembly to assembly. It's a bit fiddly, so persivere!

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 4
JimSteinmeyer
in reply to: PaulMunford

I am sure I have done this before but it isn't behaving now. I created a subassembly in the main assembly and saved it (not virtual). Now as I attempt to drag the parts into the subassembly in the tree they can be placed before or after the new subassembly but not in it. Is there a step or function I am missing?

Thank you

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: JimSteinmeyer

Did you hit the + next to the subassembly to expand to show the parts then try dragging it in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report