Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arraying Bolted connections

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
karthur1
434 Views, 7 Replies

Arraying Bolted connections

When I create a bolted connection and then array it, it patterns the bolt, washers and nuts.  However, it does not array the hole that passes thru the ply members.

Doing this in 2013, but just tried same workflow in 2015 and I get the same results.

Is there something I am missing or is this a short-coming of bolted connections?

Thanks,

Kirk

2014-05-08_0752.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

The assy pattern of the BC won't pattern the actual holes the BC makes. It's an annoyance and I've been meaning to add an IdeaStation entry for it.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 8
cbenner
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Message 4 of 8
karthur1
in reply to: cbenner

We are just now looking at using BC in a new project to place the fasteners.  I guess the workaround is to use an existing hole and place the hardware into it.  As long as BD's have been in Inventor, its amazing nobody has complained enough about this to get this fixed.  Tells me either not many people are using BC or they are not arraying holes.  That is the first thing I tried to do with it and ran up against this issue.

There is already an IdeaStation entry here that has some good suggestions.

Kirk

Message 5 of 8
mrattray
in reply to: karthur1

I just added my Kudos.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 8
admaiora

Hi Karthur,

you right, i use this way as compromise. I have created a video for you here, hope it can helps:

Regards,

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 8
4donwan4

Since this has been placed in the Ideas station area hopefully it will get some traction as right now this is still a product limitation.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report