Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation Export

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
falkmassmann
1793 Views, 4 Replies

Animation Export

Good day,

how can I export an animation that I have created in Inventor Studio and Import into Showcase??

I see that Showcase creates an *.fbx file when it imports my Inventor Assembly, but somehow the results I get are different every time I import.

After some time I discovered that "Verhalten" seems to contain the animation from Inventor, but there are always some parts missing in the animation where Showcase (2012) doesn´t recognize that there are other parts connected to that one moving part.

It´s all constrained in Inventor and behaves like it should either in the assembly and in the studio environment.

thanks & Cheers

Falk

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: falkmassmann

You would need to set up all your movements again in Showcase.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
falkmassmann
in reply to: blair

Seriously???

Not what I´ve hoped for as feedback.

I guess I will just install a proper codec and use Inventor Studio.... thanks.

Message 4 of 5
a.a.adryan
in reply to: falkmassmann

Hello falkmassmann

Would you be able to post the inventor assembly file so that the Showcase DEV team can look into this isseu ? 

Also

Can you try this with Showcase 2013 SP2?

In Showcase 2012 there was a limitation, where only one constraint can be imported.

Showcase 2013 now supports multiple constraints.

Message 5 of 5
falkmassmann
in reply to: a.a.adryan

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately we´re still on 2012 products and won´t upgrade anytime soon.

And I couldn´t get it done until the deadline with Showcase 2012 so I recorded the animation with Inventor.

I might get a chance to upgrade at least to showcase 2013 and create some

presentations for our sales department which they can use for our customers.

Let me ask for handing out the files, but I don´t have high hopes for that since it´s a pretty large dataset and my

company is a little sensitive on the matter of giving away design knowledge.

All the best

Falk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report