Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate adaptive tube (flexible tube) and pipe route with inventor studio

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rmeyer3
1105 Views, 1 Reply

Animate adaptive tube (flexible tube) and pipe route with inventor studio

My question is whether or not inventor studio can animate a flexible tube route that was created in the tube and pipe route environment.

I've got hydraulic hoses going to hydraulic cyclinders. the cylinders are attached to a crankshaft so the cylinders move throughout their cycle, thus the hoses move and the hose path changes. 

When I drive the constraint which dictates the cylinder position (crank angle) the hoses and fittings from the adaptive pipe route do not update until I stop driving the constraint.

then in Inventor studio, I try to animate this constraint (crank angle) and it will not update or animate the crank angle, even though I could drive it earlier.

Any ideas?

inventor 2013

spelling is not my game

-Bob

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: rmeyer3

No, the adaptive tube run, is really just a "Sweep" of a profile along a 3D path. Just an adaptive part within a sub-assembly that can only update after the move has been made (like hitting the up-date icon).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report