Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Animate adaptive tube (flexible tube) and pipe route with inventor studio

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rmeyer3
1118 Views, 1 Reply

Animate adaptive tube (flexible tube) and pipe route with inventor studio

My question is whether or not inventor studio can animate a flexible tube route that was created in the tube and pipe route environment.

I've got hydraulic hoses going to hydraulic cyclinders. the cylinders are attached to a crankshaft so the cylinders move throughout their cycle, thus the hoses move and the hose path changes. 

When I drive the constraint which dictates the cylinder position (crank angle) the hoses and fittings from the adaptive pipe route do not update until I stop driving the constraint.

then in Inventor studio, I try to animate this constraint (crank angle) and it will not update or animate the crank angle, even though I could drive it earlier.

Any ideas?

inventor 2013

spelling is not my game

-Bob

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: rmeyer3

No, the adaptive tube run, is really just a "Sweep" of a profile along a 3D path. Just an adaptive part within a sub-assembly that can only update after the move has been made (like hitting the up-date icon).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report