Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animate Grounded

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
InventorInSchool
242 Views, 6 Replies

Animate Grounded

Is it possible to animate the Grounded function? I want the box (In the assembly that I attached) to walk through a line of stations, each one of them with a specific purpose, in a factory where the "solar collector" is being built. I find that hard to accomplish if I am unable to switch between who's gonna be grounded during the animation, but maybe there's another way to do it?

My teammates doubt that this task is doable in Autodesk Inventor.

The powerpoint file illustrates the design of the fabric. ****, error occours when I try to attach it...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Message 3 of 7

Message 4 of 7

Anyone?

Message 5 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: InventorInSchool

You have made a lot of progress with this.

I am surprised that you didn't figure this one out.

You can make a "dummy" part to mate the box to.

So the dummy part is the grounded part and now you can amimate the constraints to the box as needed.

In fact, you don't really even need the dummy part.

Unground the grounded part and instead use constraints to the assembly origin planes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
InventorInSchool
in reply to: JDMather

But how can I place the components 5 meters ahead of the box if they are flushed and mated with the it? They will just move along with the box when I animate the distance between the box and the "dummy". I suppose that you are meant to use the origin planes for that aswell?

I'll attach an assembly tomorrow.

Message 7 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: InventorInSchool

You can start off with Offsets in your Mates.

Not sure I entirely understand what you are doing.

Edit a Mate and enter the 5m offset as starting position.

Then Animate Constraint and go to zero offset over period of time and distance needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report