Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias for Inventor - how to manipulate a face

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stevec781
408 Views, 3 Replies

Alias for Inventor - how to manipulate a face

I recently tried the Alias add on demo and I cant find a way to manipulate faces, just edges. 

Is there a way to get it to manuipulate faces or is it limited to only edges?  Ie keep the edges unchanged and pull some curvature into the middle of a face using a control grid?

Thanks

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: stevec781

Here's a simple method. There are other ways to do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtwmICdgebQ

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 4
stevec781

But that way is still restricted to moving only in the split plane.  I am loooking for something more like SW freeform or SE blue surf.  I would hope that an add on that costs extra would at least be able to do what the competitors can do as standard.

Message 4 of 4
mbenoy

I would like to see that functionality added also.

As a side note, for now, although it wouldn't be very practical, you could split a face into multiple sections (a grid pattern) and then you could edit each segment, just as the previous video shows editing the one.

Michael Benoy
Designer
Scott Safety

Inventor 2013 Pro, Windows 7, 64bit
Intel® Xeon® Processor W3580 (8M Cache, 3.33 GHz)
12 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report