Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Update Event Trigger?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
ccoomes
264 Views, 0 Replies

After Update Event Trigger?

Is there an event trigger that can be fired after you update the part?

I am trying to control the Sheet Metal thickness from an Excel File.  I have created an Ilogic Rule that will update the Sheet Metal Style if the Thickness is changed in the Excel File if fired manually.

The problem I am having is trying to find an event trigger that will fire the External iLogic Rule to update the thickness when I update the part.

I have tried to add a Custom iProperty and link them it to an user parameter which is changed by the Excel File, BUT the when you add the external rule to the iProperty Change Event Trigger, it does not work as the Custom iProperty is being modifed outside of inventor (Excel File).

The only way I have been able to fire the external rule with an event trigger is by adding a circle to a sketch, and then dimension it using the Excel parameter which is the part thickness.

When you save the Excel file it then automatically updates the part and fires the external rule.

Does anyone know if there is an event trigger that can be used to fire a part after you click the update button?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report