Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adesk Inventor CaseNo:09508110 Wrong keyway sizes Has anyone solutions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KEJay74
390 Views, 6 Replies

Adesk Inventor CaseNo:09508110 Wrong keyway sizes Has anyone solutions?

I am still in need of a solution for the Design Accelerator Keyway deficiencies.  How do I find out if any progress is being made on this case number?

It 'seems' that there "might" be an 'xml' file somewhere that might table this info, but not certain.  Does anyone know if so, where?  Filename?

Thanks!

Ken

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: KEJay74

Hi kjay,

Based on this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/IV2012-Bolted-Connection-DA-and-Clearance-xls/m-p/361...

I think the XML you're looking for would be located at a location such as this:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 20xx\Design Data\Design Accelerator\Tables\

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 3 of 7
-niels-

I don't think anyone outside of the autodesk employee's can do anything with your casenumber, so you'll have to wait for an employee to respond on any progress for that particular case.

As for your question about the xml file, i suspect you might be looking for this:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Design Data\Design Accelerator\Tables\Shaft

(exchange 2015 for your version if different.)

Hope this helps.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 7
KEJay74
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

@Curtis_Waguespack wrote:

Hi kjay,

Based on this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/IV2012-Bolted-Connection-DA-and-Clearance-xls/m-p/361...

I think the XML you're looking for would be located at a location such as this:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 20xx\Design Data\Design Accelerator\Tables\

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Curtis, 

Thanks for the insite.  However, upon investigation there are a 'few' apparently applicable 'XML' files.  I did some poking about with them and managed to alter some items of interest, but, NOT what needs changing.

In one of the 'keyway' affecting 'XML' files I found an entry (for the shaft size of interest) that equalled the amount that was being used.  I changed (corrected) that value, BUT, it changed NOTHING in the creation of the keyway within the D/A.

Other XML files did allow me to 'add' the particular shaft diameter(s) which I wanted to have in the 'pick list' of shaft diameters, but, the keyway information is still eluding me.

Could this information be 'Cast in Brass' within the Registry?

Best regards,

Ken

Message 5 of 7
KEJay74
in reply to: -niels-

-niels-
Thanks for the input...Please add yourself to the 'thanks' list with Curtis!

Regards,
Ken
Message 6 of 7
mcgyvr

@Anonymous wrote:
-niels-
Thanks for the input...Please add yourself to the 'thanks' list with Curtis!

Regards,
Ken

Press the "Kudos" button for each of their posts to give them "thanks"

And don't forget the "Accept as Solution" button either when you get a suitable answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 7
4donwan4

This issue has been logged to development at this time.

Regards,

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report