Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adept/ Inventor Flat filing structure?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
115 Views, 2 Replies

Adept/ Inventor Flat filing structure?

Anyone?

We are using R8 and adpet 5.1.6 and are having a boat load of problems. Do we need to use a flat filing structure for our files? We currently have 35 file folders and about 10,000 drawings. Every time we make a new .iam we have to re-connect the links to all the parts. Also we are having a problem with deleting files off of our server in adept... The is deleted off of the server in windows explorer but adept still tracks it. Whats that all about? Is it a Bug?

Thank you,
JTweed
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We have been using Adept for almost a year now. We started on Inv 6 and are currently running Inv 7 looking to make the switch to V8 next week. Upon switching to Adept we switched to a flat filing system (no sub folders). We have been having the exact same issues that you seem to be having for the past 9 months or so. It's fairly random with us. We never really know from one day to the next if Adept will be able to find all the parts to our assemblies or not. And it could be a 5 part assy or a 200 part assy. Typically if we reboot the machine the problem goes away, however there is now one user who can't shake the problem. We've upgraded our server to the latest and greatest to no avail. I'd like to contact you to talk about this issue further and compare notes. I'd love to include our IT guy and compare networks/workstations etc.
If you or anyone else using Adept would be interested in talking please feel free to e-mail me at sgenovesi@hendrickson-intl.com.

Thanks,

Sergio
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey guys. What's the latest on your Adept issues? We are still on INV 7 looking at jumping straight to 9 when it releases. Of course, that all depends on Adept. We have abondended iParts all-together because of Adept's problems managing them.

What about anyone else?

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report