Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding different material properties to an ipart

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
LiamHanlon
518 Views, 3 Replies

Adding different material properties to an ipart

Hi,

I am having trouble changing a property of a solid body in one of my iparts. I have a concrete block which has been created as an ipart and 6 bars running through the concrete block. I am looking to change the material properties of the bars to Alloy Steel but i'm having trouble finding any option to do so. Is it possible? I have changed the material properties within the ipart table to concrete, i'm not sure if this is conflicting it. Any help would be great...

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: LiamHanlon

You need to make that an iassembly instead of an ipart?

Thats clearly an assembly in the real world and should be in the virtual one too..

Set it to "purchased" if you don't want the components to show up in a parts list/bom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: LiamHanlon

Hi!

No, you only can play with the appearence, but it will be the same material for each line.

It was easier if we could divide different materials for different solid bodies... but... we can't do that... for now.

If you don't want to publish the part in the content center, the idea above it's a good way to solve your problem.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
LiamHanlon
in reply to: mcgyvr

Thanks, I'm still a relative Inventor novice. The iassembly seems exactly what i'm looking for.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report