Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Text Parameters to Parts Published to Frame Generator

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
niall.smyth
868 Views, 5 Replies

Adding Text Parameters to Parts Published to Frame Generator

I can publish a part containing a user text parameter to the content centre for use in frame generator however when I go to insert that part an error as per the attached screen shot.

To re-create the error you have to follow the below steps.

1. Create a part with a text user parameter
  2. Publish for use in frame generator.
  3. Create frame with the part and an error will be created as per the attached screenshot.

Is there a way to work around this error being created and use parts with text user parameters in Frame Generator?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
VdVeek
in reply to: niall.smyth

What do you mean by : Create a part with a text user parameter?

I can't recreate your the error. Which inventor version do you use?

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 3 of 6
niall.smyth

I am using Inventor 2013 with service pack 1.1. and update installed. 

When creating a part, go into the parameter table editor and add a text user parameter, you do not even have to assign a value in the equation column.  Just add a text user parameter and then create some geometry such as a square or circle and extrude so that you can publish the part as a structural member for use in frame generator.  Attached is a screen grab showing the parameter editor and a user added text parameter.

Cheers,

N

Message 4 of 6
VdVeek

I'm using Inventor Prof 2012 SP2 64-Bit and i can reproduce your error when placing an user parameter.

Looks like a bug to me. The Numeric option is working, but the text and true/false are giving the same error.

Sorry I can't help you. Ask Autodesk for some help.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 5 of 6
cparnell

Niall:

I have had the same issue for a week or so now, and your post help me solve my issue. I could not figure out why I could publish other parts and save the iterations from Frame Generator and this other file I could not.

Thanks again for posting your fix.

Message 6 of 6
LT.Rusty
in reply to: cparnell

Text parameters don't work in iParts / Content Center / Frame Generator parts.  It's not a bug, it's just the way the software was made.  One of my fondest dreams is that this will change for 2014 ...

Rusty

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report