Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Hole Depth to Design Date XLS Spreadsheet

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jfenter
296 Views, 6 Replies

Adding Hole Depth to Design Date XLS Spreadsheet

I would like to add a specific hole depth to the clearance spreadsheet in Design Data/XLS.  I've updated the standard and labeled all the various Fastener Types, but I have not been able to find a way to specifically call out blind hole depths.

We also have issues with our production machines being able to read the drill point, so I would like to make a flat bottom drill the default.  I've scanned around the forums and haven't been able to find any answers.  Any help appreciated!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mario428
in reply to: jfenter

@jfenter wrote:

We

@jfenter wrote:

We also have issues with our production machines being able to read the drill point, so I would like to make a flat bottom drill the default.  .  Any help appreciated!!!!

You production department will not thank you for that idea.  LOL

Message 3 of 7
jfenter
in reply to: Mario428

Actually, they would.  The boring machines used don't read the drill point properly, so we are required to make every blind hole a flat bottom hole on the model and print.

Message 4 of 7
Mario428

@jfenter wrote:

Actually, they would.  The boring machines used don't read the drill point properly, so we are required to make every blind hole a flat bottom hole on the model and print.

Dont understand "read the drill point properly" but does not matter.

To me when designing a part that gets machined using the hole feature is for holes that would be actually drilled, then left as is tapped etc.

If I wanted a hole to be bored or profiled with a shape other than a drill point at the bottom I would then extrude or revolve the shape I wanted.

But I do understand having to draw for the requirements of a production department.  LOL

Message 5 of 7
Mario428

@jfenter wrote:

We also have issues with our production machines being able to read the drill point, so I would like to make a flat bottom drill the default.    Any help appreciated!!!!

Look at your "Hole" options screen and setting for drill point, a flat bottom is just a check mark away

Message 6 of 7
jfenter
in reply to: Mario428

Yes, I know that.  This got sidetracked on the drill point thing.  If it can be defaulted to always be flat rather than a 118 drill point, that would be ideal.

I'm more interested in setting parameters for hole diameter and depth.  I can set the spreadsheet up to read diameters, but I haven't found a way to have the depth be included in a preset fastener type.

It's looking more and more like the short answer is simply "no".

Message 7 of 7
kstate92

I recall advice that defaults such as drill points (we use 135) can be saved in a template if you created a part with the desired feature, then deleted the part and saved the empty file as a template.  I've meant to try this but still haven't yet.  I assume though that the feature tree numbering would not reset back to 1, which would bug me for no good reason.

KState92
Inventor Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2022.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - 1903
Core i7-8700 32 GB Ram
Quadro P2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report