Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add offset hole to OD of a part

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Talayoe
519 Views, 5 Replies

Add offset hole to OD of a part

Hello All,

What I have is a round part with a few features. I drew it in Inventor until I got stuck with the last feature, which happens to be a hole, on the OD of the part that is at an angle (dont care what angle so long as it doesnt intesect with the hole next to it).

I have screen shotted? both the mechanical 2D version and my 'so far' Inventor version, maybe someone could give some guidance as to how I can go about modeling this feature?

Btw, the hole this has to connect to is the one highlighted green in the bottom pic or the only one dimensioned in the top pic.

Tks!

Bear Mech.jpgBear Inventor.jpg

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Talayoe

Revolve rectangle at angle.

or

create line at angle

Create workplane at end of angled line.

Create hole as usual.

Attach your file here if you can't figure this out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you for that, I can understand the concept of how that would work, becaues it did create my plane, but it create my new plane at the center of the part, not at the OD, and as such when I created the hole it placed it also at the center of the part. Maybe there is a step I am not sure of here, but I should have mentioned that I am extremely new at this. 😉

tks for the help!

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 6
JDMather

Attach your ipt file here.

Hole.PNG

Revolve.png

Here are the two methods - using angled line to create angled workplane and Hole Feature

or

angled rectangle Revolve-Cut.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
Talayoe
in reply to: JDMather

Unfortuntly i did not sync with my laptop tonight so the file didnt come home with me. I will attach it first thing and also try to get it going myself.

Tks much!
-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 6 of 6
Talayoe

I gave a whole hearted attempt to replicate this part. I know the BHC is not correct but for example purposes it will suffice.

Again, I VERY VERY much appreciate the assistance with what I am sure is simple thing to do 🙂

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report