Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-Ins not loading in Inventor Professional 2013 (Student Edition)

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
jmwoodring01
5383 Views, 30 Replies

Add-Ins not loading in Inventor Professional 2013 (Student Edition)

Hello,

I recently downloaded the student version of Inventor Professional 2013 (64-bit).  I made some parts and ran some stress analysis simulations on the parts.  I restarted Inventor after running a simulation and upon the reopen, none of the add-ins on the Environments tab were there and the Add-Ins manager does not open.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program, even tried installing different model years of Inventor; none of the versions load the add-ins and the add-in manager fails to load (see screenshot).  I haven't found anything in the forums, but I'll keep looking in the meantime.  Help?

My machine runs Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks,

Joeb

Screenshot.png

30 REPLIES 30
Message 21 of 31
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

something sounds a bit suss for all that to be misbehaving.

but, every office i work in i always try to get the IT dept to set up a User Group called something like "Cad_Admins" which will provide Local Admin Rights on the user workstation. We then add all the designers to this group and the IT dept ensure that the workstation is set to have this group available for each user.

from my experience you will suffer without it.

ps- to keep IT dept happy you may need to sign something and ensure all of the design staff are aware that they need to not take advantage of the situation by installing non business apps or the pc's.

often in a larger organisation they lock down user rights but the local admin rights are also necessary to run defrags and the like. that is something that i do regularly as well. i see staff that are in a low permission group never defragging their workstations suffer from the bogged down computer drama quite a bit which of course ends up costing a lot of wasted time.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 22 of 31
mslosar

I'm right there with you.

Problem is, i can talk until i'm blue in the face and provide stacks of proof of the rights that are needed and I don't think anything is going to happen. They're overly concerned with security.

I've set the thing up myself many a time, but with zero rights you're at the mercy of those who have the rights. I don't see anything changing so i'm going to have to push for 2013 across the board and hope they give. And that's a longshot.

Message 23 of 31
nick.tait
in reply to: blair

UAC Slider ?

What is this ?

Message 24 of 31
blair

User Access Control:

Start>Control Panel>User Accounts>Change User Account Control Settings

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 25 of 31
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: mslosar

I would suggest putting a business case forward with some dollar signs against what their decisions are costing the business. then ask them to write you (or your manager) a formal document stating that they understand this cost is due to their decision to ignore advice from experienced professionals (also dig out a white paper from Autodesk on the topic).

it happens too frequently that IT depts. with little CAD support experience suffer from their long formed habits. you need to find one good one amongst all the pigeons, and build a good relationship with them.

I have in the past (usually after joining a new business team) called a formal meeting between one or two key members of the design team, one or two members from the VAR ie their tech support team, and one or two people from the IT dept, (meet and greet, explain the desire to avoid the conflict that typically arises between design teams and IT depts. and try to build confidence in the group that each party has needs and in the best interest of the entire business sometimes a little bit of flexibility is required.

tell them that you appreciate their hard work and their efforts to minimise risk to the business but they are not alone, and, as many IT depts. have grown to understand the needs of a design team and seen that they are not just Microsoft office users.

I know you know all this, but often they find it easy to ignore your needs until they get some appreciation of who you are and what you need. face to face meetings like this can be good if you can build respect between members. if it gets out of hand make sure you are the one who is seen to be in control and able to make sensible points without getting fired up. your managers will then likely feel that than can support you better.

get your manager to give you some sort of additional title like CAD administrator so that the IT dept can feel good about dealing with you as a fellow supporter of other users.

these are just some thoughts for you to consider. I feel your frustration so I hope you take this in the spirit it is intended. I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs. 🙂

good luck.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 26 of 31
rmckenna0315
in reply to: jmwoodring01

I have the same issue. what folders do I need to delete?

Message 27 of 31
ngueorguieva
in reply to: rmckenna0315

I have the same issue with Inventor 2014  on Win 7 x64 computer.

I need to know which folders to delete to restore my current profile.

My issue is that not of the Add ins are loaded there is not a right click option

on the Add ins Manager, I ask my colleague to log in and Inventor worked just file.

Also the Vault ribbon is missing too, Works fine in Autocad Mech 2014.

The vault manager and server(basic) they are fine too.

I uninstall and install Inventor twice but did not fix the problem.

I will need some guidelines how to fix it.

Nina

Message 28 of 31
gary.belisle
in reply to: ngueorguieva

What is the actual solution to this problem? How do you fix a user profile having this issue?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
i7-4800MQ Dell Precision M6800, Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit, 16GB RAM
Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Autodesk Vault Professional 2015
PLM 360
Message 29 of 31
blair
in reply to: gary.belisle

Generally the easiest is to create a new user profile.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 30 of 31
Adrian010
in reply to: jmwoodring01

I have the same problem, I cant just create a new profile, its linked to the servers login on our the network, its real pain to mess with.

I need to be able to fix this issue in my current profile.

This issue should be fixed by a patch or something.

Message 31 of 31
blair
in reply to: Adrian010

Then you will need to edit your Windows Registry on your machine to repair it. This will force Inventor to rebuild the Users Environment from scratch: The steps are as follows (Please substitute as appropriate for your version): 1. Exit Inventor 2. Open Regedit 3. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version.org 4. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion0.0 b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion0.0.org 5. Rename a. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0 b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0.org 6. Exit Regedit 7. Rename a. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org 8. Rename a. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014 b. C:\Users\hollanb\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Inventor 2014.org 9. Start Inventor and test. Note: RegistryVersion18.0 = Inventor Release 2014 RegistryVersion17.0 = Inventor Release 2013 RegistryVersion16.0 = Inventor Release 2012 RegistryVersion15.0 = Inventor Release 2011 RegistryVersion14.0 = Inventor Release 2010

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report