Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheetmetal Assembly Adaptive Part Grayed Out

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
heepdog
3099 Views, 3 Replies

Sheetmetal Assembly Adaptive Part Grayed Out

I am trying to use a sheetmetal template to make adaptive parts however when I insert it into an assembly the adaptivity part is grayed out. When I use any other template to make a part the adaptivity is not grayed out. Does anyone know what the problem is>

Thanks

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Adaptive grayed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
denl
in reply to: heepdog

Can you try following steps?
1. Right Mouse Click the sheetmetal part to open the sheetmetal part.
2. In the part, click Document Settings command to open settings dialog box.
3. Click "Modeling" tab to see the "Adaptively Used in Assembly" is checked or unchecked. If checked, that's what reason you can't make this sheetmetal part adaptive. If that option is unchecked, can you send your sheetmetal part to me, I will take look and find out the issue.

By the way, you can send file directly to me: lisa.den@autodesk.com or post here.

Thanks.

Lisa Den (Autodesk)

Message 3 of 4
heepdog
in reply to: heepdog

Thanks a lot that did it

Message 4 of 4
christiand2099
in reply to: denl

Thanks Lisa Den! I was looking for so many forums and this one really works. I am working also on sheet metal mainly on stainless steel and encountered this adaptive feature inactive. It happened that the projection of feature turns colored violet instead of green. Now, I tried your instructions and it really works perfectly 101%. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report