Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Physical Texture (not simulated appearance textures)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FtnHills
457 Views, 3 Replies

Actual Physical Texture (not simulated appearance textures)

Hi,

Inventor seems to do lots to allow for simulated appearance textures.   However, how does one use actual physical textures, e.g. for a plastic part?    I need one surface of the plastic part to be very rough/bumpy, another to be slightly rough/bumpy, and another to remain smooth/untouched.

Let me be forthright and say I have no background here in textures/plastics/molds etc., so verbose answers and/or any guidance is much appreciated.  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: FtnHills

Can't do it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
FtnHills
in reply to: JDMather

Oh, common Smiley Indifferent   How does one use Inventor to build parts that have some texture?  Is there a way to convey texture outside of Inventor?

Related, is there an easy way that one can use Inventor to specify the surface boundaries that will get these canned textures?

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: FtnHills

What is the manufacturing process to create the texture - perhaps a note will do.

To specify the area of the texture Split faces.

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums