Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
m.granata
262 Views, 3 Replies

Activation

Hello,

Autodesk, I previously posted this in the Simulation Mechanical discussion group but there is no activity in that group.

I am still using Algor V22 I purchased shortly before Autodesk purchased Algor.  I just replaced the hard drive in the Workstation that I currently for Algor V22.  When rehosting the license I get an error during the license download stating that rehosting is disabled.  I've legally purchased and own this copy of Algor and obviously throughout the years I have had to reinstall it due to computer or just hard drive upgrades.

In the past rehosting worked fine.  Once or twice I had to send a message via email to my Algor support person to rehost the license.  Here is the catch this time, AUTODESK HAS SEEMED TO COMPLETELY SHUT OFF ALL SUPPORT FOR LEGACY ALGOR PRODUCTS.  I CAN NO LONGER FIND ANY CONTACT INFORMATION.

I looked into upgrading the software a short time ago and I am certainly in no position to pay the $5000+ my dealer quoted me for the upgrade to Autodesk Simulation Mechanical.  This software has been working fine for me and besides, Laws of Physics have not changed since I purchased this software.  Desperately need help.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: m.granata

There is a forum for this sort of question over here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: m.granata

Hi Mike,

I would be more than happy to look into this for you if you could send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the relevant licensing info.

Message 4 of 4
m.granata
in reply to: JDMather

I searched through that forum, it didn't seem suitable for a legacy Algor licensing issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report