Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI 2013 Stress Analysis greyed out

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
2359 Views, 8 Replies

AI 2013 Stress Analysis greyed out

Hi All,

I am having problems with 2013 and trying to access the Stress analysis, when going into environments the tab is consistently greyed out. I made a very simple model and pasted the snips below.

Environments Tab

inventor 1.PNG

Add In manager.

inventor 2.PNG

Any thoughts on what is most probably my fault?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: 96067993

Q1.  Did it ever work?
Q2. if No above, did you install with anti-virus and UAC turned off?

Q3. if Yes to Q1, does it work with the tutorial files?
Q4. have you installed SP1.1?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the reply.

Q1. I have just upgraded both OS to Windows 8 and Inventor from 2012 to 2013 on this machine, worked fine under 12 but has not worked so far on 13.

Q2. I dont recall switching UAC off but hadnt yet installed AV (Windows defender/firewall present) Man Indifferent

Q3

Q4. - I just checked the Communication panel and noticed a software update was available, I'll install that in the meantime.

Message 4 of 9
JDMather

@96067993 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Q1. I have just upgraded ... OS to Windows 8 ...... 

That might be important information that you left out of your original post.
Is 2013 supported on Win 8?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 9

Hmm, does say only 7 and below are supported.

I did stumble upon another post in the forum with a guy who happened to have a similar problem with Molding, could have found the issue!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-on-Windows-8/td-p/3553258

Message 6 of 9
BramosB

Hi! hey i can say to you that Inventor 2013 runs with no problems on Win 8... once you install the SP 2. that works for mee.

I will take the time i am writing this line here also to disipate a doubt i have.. THE THING IS ABOUT A SIMILAR TROUBLE LIKE WHAT YOU COMMENT on this thread....

I see the same on the screen with my software Inventor but version 2014...  ENVIROMENTS ARE GREYED OUT (dynamic simulation, stress anlysis, inventor studio are unable to click), i would like to know if you could fixed the issue... i do not what is going wrong, i want to understand why is on that way.

I recently installed two language packs for Inventor, but now, i am not sure if that were delivering of this problem, because i have already unistalled them and the behaviour persist, this is, Icons are still in grey, NOT ABLE TO SELECT THEM.

I need an URGENT GUIDANCE about what or how to do accordign to get my assembly for dynaminc simulation... as well as do my renders in INVENTOR STUDIO. Now that is impossible as i see not way to acces with icons. Please help me Guys: thanks in advance for your outstanding responses.

bahir. Cat Mad

Message 7 of 9
BramosB

Hi JDmather, i think i have already written to you before about this. I am still lokinng for a solution to this..

I have many icons on the apllication UNABLE to use them, no access to enviroments as the icons ARE GREYED OUT> THE THING IS ABOUT A SIMILAR TROUBLE LIKE WHAT IS COMMENTED on this thread....

I see the same on my screen with Inventor but version 2014...  ENVIROMENTS ARE GREYED OUT (dynamic simulation, stress anlysis, inventor studio are unable to click), i would like to know if you could fixed the issue... i do not what is going wrong, i want to understand why is on that way.

I recently installed two language packs for Inventor, but now, i am not sure if that were delivering of this problem, because i have already unistalled them and the behaviour persist, this is, Icons are still in grey, NOT ABLE TO SELECT THEM.

I need an URGENT GUIDANCE about what or how to do accordign to get my assembly for dynaminc simulation... as well as do my renders in INVENTOR STUDIO. Now that is impossible as i see not way to acces with icons. Please help me Guys: thanks in advance for your outstanding responses.

bahir.

Message 8 of 9
blair

Not sure of your methodology of updates of the O/S and Autodesk products. At this point I would do a clean uninstall of Inventor and then make sure you are logged in with Admin priviledges then re-install Inventor and all the related SP's and Updates that are required for Inventor to run on Win8.

Almost sounds like you had Win7 installed with your Inventor, then did a upgrade on your O/S to Win8.

In-install: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Updates: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 9
Jwallace83

was this ever solved?

I am running windows 8.1 with inventor 2013 pro. After all the updates it still booted greyed out, even setting it in compatibility mode and running as administrator. 

I reinstalled several times and it worked once. Well I unchecked run as administrator and ran compatibility troubleshooter. It loaded and environment tabs worked. The combability troubleshooter was still open, it took the option to save the settings and it has worked every time since. Im pretty happy about it since my windows 8.1 computer is way way faster than my windows 7 machine. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report