Inventor General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 1 of 5 (4,033 Views)

ACME Screw Threads xls file

4033 Views, 4 Replies
05-31-2011 11:44 AM

Need to put ACME Threads on a parts.  Searched here and found the attached ACME Threads.xls file.  I copy/pasted this into my Threads.xls.  Now when I try to use it, I get an error "Error in ACME thread family: Unit string in cell A1 is incorrect".  I have tried editing the cell, but I cant get this to work.

It appears that this spreadsheet was made for an older version of Inventor.  Could someone corrrect this so it will work with Inventor 2011.

Thanks

Valued Contributor
RNeudorf
Message 2 of 5 (4,010 Views)

Re: ACME Screw Threads xls file

05-31-2011 02:18 PM in reply to: karthur1

The format of A1 has changed a bit. The contents of A1 are to be as follows:

I    Inch
M  mm
T   Taper
N   Internal only
X   External only
P   Pitch in column E
Q   TPI in column E

Regarding the two attached files:

Thread.xls is a newer version of the Inventor thread file,I think version 2011.

Stub-Acme-Only.xls is how I did some custom stub acme threads, I just removed all of the other sheets.

The samples should guide you toward how the sheets need to be setup. As you are already have the data in neat columns it should only be a matter of copying across.

Employee
udayag
Message 3 of 5 (4,006 Views)

05-31-2011 02:47 PM in reply to: karthur1

Please test this before using in production...

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk
*Expert Elite*
karthur1
Message 4 of 5 (3,983 Views)

06-01-2011 05:39 AM in reply to: udayag

Udaya,

Thank you for this.  I am sure it will help others as well.  I did see some errors in the xls file.  These errors are persistent from 1.125 to 4.00. I have attached a corrected file below.

Thanks again.

Kirk

2011-06-01_0728.png

Employee
udayag
Message 5 of 5 (3,974 Views)

06-01-2011 06:18 AM in reply to: karthur1

You are right. All non-intergral sizes between 1.125 and 4 appear to have incorrect thread designtaion values. Thanks for spotting this. 

Udaya Gunasena
Fusion Development
Autodesk

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube