Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A valid license could not be obtained...., Error 1.5-18, IV8

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Michael Quinn
553 Views, 3 Replies

A valid license could not be obtained...., Error 1.5-18, IV8

Has anyone seen this error message before? I get the message after installing Inventor as a network license.
The steps I take are uninstall everything Autodesk, then Install MDT from the image on the server, and MDT works fine. I then install Inventor from the CD and get this error when I try to start Inventor. This does not happen every time I install Inventor, it may happen every other time or less. I end up having to uninstall IV and installing as a stand alone.
Is there away to fix this with out having to recreate the license file?
Thanks in advance.
Mike
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Michael Quinn

Care should be taken...bla-bla. Edit the Registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R16.0\ACAD-233:409\AdLM Type 2a (C-dilla) should be changed to 19 (FlexLM) HTH Peer
Message 3 of 4

Hi Peer
Thanks for the input, I looked at my registry settings that does not get the license error and it is set up as you explained. I looked at one of the computers that is getting the error, and it seems to be set the same as mine. Is there anything else to look in to?

Thanks
Mike
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Michael Quinn

Make the FlexLM License Manager reg.key point to the server. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager: @servername Peer "Michael Quinn" wrote in message news:15538715.1098287433147.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Peer > Thanks for the input, I looked at my registry settings that does not get the license error and it is set up as you explained. I looked at one of the computers that is getting the error, and it seems to be set the same as mine. Is there anything else to look in to? > > Thanks > Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report