Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
m.teleguz1
Message 1 of 11 (308 Views)

A Feature i Bet you didn't know about

308 Views, 10 Replies
04-26-2013 11:11 AM

Check out the ALL CAPS check box, allows you to type all caps even if you don't have all caps on your keboard selected.

ALL CAPS FEATURE REQUEST.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 11 (303 Views)

Re: A Feature i Bet you didn't know about

04-26-2013 11:16 AM in reply to: m.teleguz1

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Valued Mentor
jcneal
Message 3 of 11 (298 Views)

04-26-2013 11:17 AM in reply to: m.teleguz1

can it turn all low case letter to capital letter? otherwise, i dont see anything new.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014
Autodesk Product Design Suite Standard 2013
Microsoft Office 2007 & 2013
Windows 7 64bit
Synergis Adept 2013
Visual Studio Express 2010
Distinguished Mentor
swhite
Message 4 of 11 (279 Views)

04-26-2013 11:33 AM in reply to: jcneal

That's a feature I would love to see incorporated. Its a pain having to retype everything after you've realized the caps lock was off :smileyhappy:

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
m.teleguz1
Message 5 of 11 (276 Views)

04-26-2013 11:37 AM in reply to: JDMather

I want ppl to rage about this untill they put it in.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Privacy warning: Since I live in a country that has traded liberty for the illusion of security, all of your posts to me are being monitored and saved by the United States Government.

m.teleguz1
Message 6 of 11 (265 Views)

04-26-2013 11:44 AM in reply to: jcneal

Yeh I that's why i thought of this, i typed everything out and bam it was lowercase... But once selected it will always be selected as default. It's easy for inventor to force caps lock the whole time during that command promt (dimension window) any programmer would be able to do this.

and Having Caps lock on wouldn't reverse it either. I have seen fonts that do uppercase all the time, maybe i should look into that.

cmcconnell
Message 7 of 11 (248 Views)

04-26-2013 11:56 AM in reply to: m.teleguz1
Switch to sentence case - you will never look back.
Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Distinguished Mentor
swhite
Message 8 of 11 (235 Views)

04-26-2013 12:46 PM in reply to: cmcconnell

I'D BE LOOKING AHEAD FOR A NEW JOB THO :smileyhappy:

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
*Expert Elite*
mcgyvr
Message 9 of 11 (227 Views)

04-26-2013 01:00 PM in reply to: swhite

Being able to select the text then right click and select "Case--Sentence" or "Case--Upper" or "Case--Lower" is a better suggestion if any IMO..

And where is the "spell check" button?

Down with IDW/DWG files..... Long live 3D PMI... Hurry it up already..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015 Product Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Core i7 4820k processor (OC'd to 4.4Ghz), Nvidia GTX 770, 16G RAM

m.teleguz1
Message 10 of 11 (215 Views)

04-26-2013 01:24 PM in reply to: mcgyvr

Here as you requested.... a lot better. :smileyhappy:

ALL CAPS FEATURE REQUEST.jpg

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube