Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd angle projection symbol

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MrJoshuaAU
40815 Views, 4 Replies

3rd angle projection symbol

Good evening everyone.

Just a simple question tonight, is there an option to add a 3rd angle of or 1st angle projection symbol to my drawing automatically?

Also im just starting to dabble with the drawing template files and it seems a little more diffulcult then Autocad to setup.

Is there a way for instance to set the precicsion of the dimensions in the style? so as i dont have to manually do it after adding every dimension?

Or has someone got a link to a reasonbly easy to understand tutorial for creating my own templates for future use?

Cheers Josh

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: MrJoshuaAU

@MrJoshuaAU wrote:

... is there an option to add a 3rd angle of or 1st angle projection symbol to my drawing automatically?

Copy the 3rd Angle Sketched Symbol from the attached file into your template file.
If the symbol appears in all of your drawings - why not add to your company standard template titleblock or border.

The rest of your question takes a bit more - can probably find information here http://www.mcadforums.com or here http://au.autodesk.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
MrJoshuaAU
in reply to: JDMather

Excellent thanks JD,

I managed to get your symbol inserted by pasteing it into the drawing.

How do i add it permantley to the temaplate?

Cheers Josh

Message 4 of 5
holybigcow
in reply to: MrJoshuaAU

I know, old post. 

The way to put it onto your drawing is to open your template and re-define your title block and save it in there. Then you can use the "Style Magagement Wizard" to update all of your legacy Inventor drawings.

Hope this helps.

Matt

Inv Pro 2012 SP2
Message 5 of 5
MrJoshuaAU
in reply to: holybigcow

Awsome, thankyou very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums